TO APPLY FOR THE FIX IT INITIATIVE, please complete the form below. A volunteer will contact you to follow-up.
TO APPLY TO ADOPT, please click "OPEN FORM" below. We will contact you within 24 hours. Thank you!
TO APPLY AS A FOSTER, please click "OPEN FORM" below. We will contact you within 24 hours. Thank you!
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY...by completing and submitting the NBLB Adoption Application and/or paying the application fee to NBLB, the applicant agrees to the following:
1. Adoption fees are nonrefundable after 14-days following receipt of the adopted dog.
2. Adopter agrees not to introduce their new dog to any existing pets in the home for a period of NO LESS than 7 days unless a NBLB representative is contacted and permission is given. Introductions are a VITAL part of all future interactions within the home. Improperly introducing dogs can result in aggressive behavior from either the new or current pet. Adopter also agrees to not introduce nonresidents to their new dog during this time. Some of our dogs come from unstable environments and they must learn to trust their new family first.
3. Adopter agrees that the adopted pet will be examined by a licensed veterinarian at least once a year and will receive adequate vaccinations and heartworm preventative.
4. Adopter agrees to spay/neuter the adopted dog by six months of age and send proof of sterilization to NBLB: firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Adopter agrees to provide the pet with proper care, a healthy diet, and fresh water and shelter at all times. When outside, the pet shall be maintained in an adequately enclosed area with a securely fenced yard or on a leash at all times. The pet will not ride loose in the back of a pick-up truck. The pet will not be chained. The pet will wear a collar or harness with ID tags.
6. In the event that NBLB discovers the inhumane treatment of this pet or breach of this contract, NBLB has the right to immediately take possession of the pet without notice to the adopter. NBLB reserves the right to visit the home at any time after adoption and ensure the welfare of the adopted pet. The adopter agrees that the pet will not be used for any illegal purpose, and if this clause if broken, law enforcement agencies will be notified.
7. NBLB makes no warranties or statements regarding the pet's health, medical status or temperament. Adopter understands that the pet may have been rescued from an animal shelter and may have been exposed to communicable disease(s) and that it is critical that the pet be examined promptly by a veterinarian PRIOR TO EXPOSURE TO OTHER PETS. It is further agreed that environmental changes may effect and change the temperament of the above-named pet and that NBLB has no liability or responsibility of any nature regarding later defects with the pet, or injuries or damage to any person or property which may be caused by the pet. The adopter agrees to indemnify and hold harmless NBLB and its members or representatives against any and all claims for any injury or property damage to the adopter or anyone else. The adopter understands that with domesticated pets that modifying certain behaviors may require training, expert advice and/or patience. The adopter agrees to work with the pet to modify any such undesirable behavior without the use of negative reinforcement or other methods which may cause harm to the pet. The adopter understands that certain behaviors may never be entirely eradicated.
8. RETURN POLICY: In the event it is determined by either an NBLB representative or the adopter that the pet should not remain with the adopter, it is agreed the pet shall be returned to NBLB by the adopter. No refund will be given after 14 days of receiving the pet. Importantly, the Adopter agrees to give NBLB up to two weeks to secure a proper foster home or facility to board the pet, and the Adopter will provide safe and loving care of the pet until it is returned to NBLB. The adopter is to ARRANGE TRANSPORT AND PAY ANY AND ALL RETURN TRANSPORTATION COSTS, IF APPLICABLE. The pet may not be transferred to another owner; the pet may not be sold, given away or placed in another home or organization, without express written consent of NBLB. NBLB IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR PICKING UP THE PET.
ADOPTER UNDERSTANDS THAT NBLB HAS INVESTED A GREAT DEAL OF FINANCIAL AND PERSONAL RESOURCES INTO THE CARE, TREATMENT AND PLACEMENT OF THE PET, THAT OOTW MAKES A COMMITMENT TO THE PET FOR LIFE AND THAT THE ACTUAL DAMAGES ACCRUING TO NBLB IN THE EVENT ADOPTER FAILS TO COMPLY WITH THE RETURN PROVISIONS SET FORTH IN THIS PARAGRAPH WOULD BE DIFFICULT TO PROVE WITH CERTAINTY. ACCORDINGLY, THE PARTIES HAVE AGREED THAT IN THE EVENT OF A BREACH OF THIS PARAGRAPH 7, ADOPTER SHALL PAY LIQUIDATED DAMAGES TO NBLB IN THE AMOUNT OF $500.00, NOT AS A PENALTY, BUT AS A REASONABLE ESTIMATE BY THE PARTIES AS TO THE DAMAGES RESULTING FROM THE BREACH OF THIS PROVISION.
9. The adopter agrees to notify NBLB if the adopter has a change of telephone number or address. The adopter agrees to notify NBLB of any incident involving animal control and/or complaints arising from said ownership of the pet. If the pet becomes lost or stolen, the adopter agrees to notify NBLB immediately.
10. This Contract shall be binding upon the adopter and NBLB and their successors or beneficiaries, and in the event of the employment of an attorney by NBLB on account of any violation of this Contract, it is agreed that the adopter shall pay NBLB's reasonable attorneys' fees and court costs.